[ 700 Houses ]
Where have all of my saints gone?
Will they come marching in?
• 'you've been so sad lately' • 'you really ought to sing the blues' says • maestro • 'i don't think i can sing like that' • 'i bay-leave in you.' • susan tedeschi • 700 houses • music is my boyfriend • music and lyrics • pretty sure this is about katrina actually
- Guy de Maupassant (via tierradentro)
satan conduit le bal
music for when you’re dancing with devils around a bonfire
Le veau d’or est toujours debout - Charles Gounod // Danse Macabre - Camille Saint-Saëns // Selina Transforms - Danny Elfman // Symposium magarum - Kajiura Yuki // Santiago’s Waltz - Elliot Goldenthal // Butou - Ooshima Michiru // Gourmet Valse Tartare - Hans Zimmer // New Thrift Store Dress- Linford Detweiler // The Dance - Tangerine Dream // Davy Jones - Hans Zimmer // Introduction from Swan Lake - Piotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky // A Night on Bald Mountain - Modest Mussorgsky // Dream of a Witches’ Sabbath - Hector Berlioz // Danse Macabre - Bela Fleck
• danse macabre • death and the maiden • mixtape • music and lyrics • music is my boyfriend
a mozart reincarnated | “i will play you mozart, if you like, which will only make you weep” ; a (mostly) instrumental and classical mix for the man in the fifth cellar | listen
i. all this and heaven too - florence + the machine | ii. alone - paul sawtell and bert shefter | iii. hungarian dance #1 - johannes brahms | iv. nocturne in e minor, op. 72/1 - frédéric chopin | v. introduction and rondo capriccioso - camille saint-saëns | vi. capriccio #4 in c - niccolò paganini | vii. don giovanni, overture - wolfgang amadeus mozart | viii. convulsion - mark bradshaw | ix. piano concerto no. 5 in e flat major, op. 73 (“emperor”), adagio un poco mosso - ludwig van beethoven | x. faust, adagio - charles gounod | xi. requiem in d minor, confutatis - wolfgang amadeus mozart | xii. hallelujah - rufus wainwright | xiii. quatour pour la fin du temps, liturgie de cristal - olivier messiaen | xiv. losing my religion - r.e.m. | xv. missa pro defunctis (requiem mass), dies irae - jacobus de kerle | xvi. symphony #7 in a, op. 92, allegretto - ludwig van beethoven | xvii. a mozart reincarnated - ennio morricone
[ Folsom Prison Blues ]
Folsom Prison Blues- Johnny Cash
• folsom prison blues • johnny cash • the man in black • favorite • music and lyrics • music is my boyfriend
"Top five operas, composers, and musicals!"
2. Don Giovanni
3. Candide (I think this counts as an opera or operetta?)
4. Die Zauberflöte
5. Les contes d’Hoffmann
1. my Maestro. :)
3. Beethoven & Mozart (YOU CANNOT MAKE ME CHOOSE)
5. I might have to go with John Williams? If not John Williams then Tchaikovsky. edit OR LEONARD BERNSTEIN AHHH
1. Phantom of the Opera
2. Into the Woods
3 - 5 change daily between Rogers & Hammerstein’s Cinderella, Jane Eyre, Les Miserables, 1776, Sweeney Todd, Chess, The Last Five Years, Assassins, Ragtime, Evita, West Side Story, My Fair Lady, The Secret Garden, and Yeston/Kopit’s version of Phantom. Oh and Moulin Rouge!, Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog, and The Wizard of Oz.
• wilhelminamurray • THIS ONE WAS REALLY HARD OKAY • music is my boyfriend • ask box meme • ask box! • musical theatre is my drug • maestro
"Top 5 Disney songs!"
(This list may or may not be influenced by this year’s Secret Government Eggo Project.)
1. I See The Light
now she’s here, shining in the starlight
now she’s here, suddenly I know
if she’s here, it’s crystal clear
I’m where I’m meant to go
2. Part of Your World
and I’m ready to know what the people know!
ask them some questions, get some answers
like what’s a fire?
and why does it - what’s the word?
3. That’s How You Know
everybody wants to live happily ever after
everybody wants to know their true love is true
4. Once Upon a Dream
and I know it’s true that visions are seldom all they seem,
but if I know you, I know what you’ll do
you’ll love me at once, the way you did
once upon a dream
5. When She Loved Me
when somebody loved me,
everything was beautiful.
every hour we spent together
lives within my heart.
YES I AM CHEATING this is from the stage show though If I Can’t Love Her
no beauty could move me
no goodness improve me
no power on earth,
if I can’t love her
(honorable mentions: God Help the Outcasts, Happy Working Song, the Mob Song from Beauty and the Beast as well as Something There and Belle, Just Beyond the Riverbend, I just really love Disney music ahhhh.)
• christinedaae loves the swedish • swedish pop music is my favorite • icona pop • i love it • music and lyrics • music is my boyfriend
FAIR OF FACE AND PURE OF HEART || a mix for okayophelia’s Fairytale Princess
Her hair is long and curls beneath the sun like a crown. She loves, wholly and unashamed, so deeply that she thinks it might consume her. She knows in her heart that this is what makes her mighty, and she will fight tooth and nail for it; she will use every dirty trick in the book, she will use magic and lips painted pink and the beauty and wisdom given her by a long line of wild queens. She is noble, by birth and nature, and birds come to her call, for all the creatures of the wild, all the true, unsullied beings of the earth adore her for the delight and desire alight in her soul. She is defined by her love; but it is she who defines what her love is, and what she would do with the vast power of it.
- All of Your Sisters- Mazzy Star
- Wilderness- Bat For Lashes
- Child I Will Hurt You- Crystal Castles
- Abraham’s Daughter- Arcade Fire
- Bel Air- Lana Del Rey
- You’ll Be Queen One Day- Ramin Djawdli
- Pretty Face- Soley
- Only If For A Night- Florence & The Machine
- The King’s Daughter- I am Harlequin
- An Ending (Ascent)- Brian Eno
• fairy tale girl • music and lyrics • music is my boyfriend • mixtape
[ You Are Music ]
Rev. Richard White and Glory Crampton, the original Phantom and Christine of this production, singing “You are Music” from Yeston and Kopit’s Phantom.
• oh you are music • beautiful music • and you are light to me • favorite • This Song is my heart • music and lyrics • music is my boyfriend • phantom • yeston/kopit phantom