Mini Disney Movie Challenge
Your favourite songthe song that defined your entire childhod
He Mele No Lilo
He Inoa No Kalani Kalakaua — kulele!
• I love everything about this movie • but maybe especially the music • lilo and stitch • gifs • disney • christinedaae has returned to queue
(Disney Holiday Magic!!!!!! in case you need some extra holiday cheer :D)
• Christmas is my favorite time at Disney • of all the times I've been • disney world • disney parks • Disney • HOW DO I GET THIS JOB THOUGH
I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell. And for once, it might be grand, to have someone understand. I want so much more than they’ve got planned.
This is my reasoning by the way:
1. Apparently, the kingdom Rapunzel’s family rules over is named Corona.
2. I listened to “Me and Julio Down By the Schoolyard” on the way home:
well, I’m on my way.
I don’t know where I’m going,
I’m on my way.
I’m taking my time, but I don’t know where
Goodbye to Rosie, the Queen of Corona
See you, me and Julio
Down by the schoolyard
3. Therefore, Rapunzel’s mother is named Rose and Paul Simon calls her Rosie for some reason (presumably they are friends).
• this is from an LJ post from two years ago btw • Tangled • Paul Simon • the irrefutable logic of christinedaae • disney • disney princess • disney queen?
Here is 3, The Guys
View these separately here!
• these are so great! • these are all actually totally spot on to me • other than the fact that I know nothing about Supernatural • disney • disney princes • christinedaae has returned to queue
Lessons the Disney Princesses teach us that don’t involve men, love, or beauty.
I made this post because I am tired of seeing people bash the princesses because they only serve as love interests and think that they show women that a woman’s purpose is to be submissive to men, or that beauty is the only thing that matters in a woman.
All of the Princesses had personalities and lives without their Princes, and on their own, they are able to teach girls several other important lessons about life in general. These are all characters, and whether or not you believe that because they are love interests that that reduces their character, they still have some sort of trait that is valuable to have for any woman, in love or not.
And before anyone can argue Ariel’s character or lesson, I want to point out that her dream was to be a human, and it was her dream long before she laid eyes on Eric. Eric was just an another incentive for her to become human. While the lesson she teaches might be the only one based on rash and poor decisions, it’s important to point out she learns her own lesson. She see the consequences of her actions, and apologizes and fights to make things right. That is one of her valuable traits.
• disney princess • agreed wholeheartedly • femininity is not a weakness • life inspiration • it's so interesting to me that • of the women i know that favor certain princesses • i can see the qualities ascribed to those princesses reflected so clearly in those women • (except meeeeee) • sarisleah • wilhelminamurray • believeagain • sansasnark • peremadeleine • breakalegbeautiful • meggiry • all y'all • and i'm probably forgetting some • disney
Bibbity Boppity Boo!
Credit to all the original owners are captioned.
• wow • that Aurora dress is a VAST improvement • I don't know how I feel about Ariel's new look • and Belle's should be more gold and less pastel yellow • I like Cinderella's though • caring too much about disney princesses dot tumblr dot com • disney • disney princess • disney parks
And the reason everyone love Lottie is because holy hell does she exceed expectations.
Not only is she openly best friends with a colored woman, something downright shocking for their time period, right when you expect her to yell at Tiana for embarassing her and ruining the beignets intended to win over Naveen, she doesn’t. She immediately helps the poor girl in the house, cleans her up, and gives her the prettiest dress she has. Who honestly saw that coming?
And my god, the ending. She’s ready to kiss the frog, and get the prince she’s always wanted, and the moment she finds out Tiana loves him?
She agrees to kiss him so he and Tiana can get married. No strings attached. And she’s crying tears of joy because Tiana finally found her man. She loves Tiana that much.
Lottie is a character who came out of nowhere, is spoiled sweet, and won over everyone in the theater. And she looks damn great doing it.
i actually came across this brilliant oneshot about lottie that i love to pieces. everyone go read it.
• I literally just backbuttoned to reblog this because the fic linked is really really good • princess and the frog • excellent meta • lottie labouff • disney • gifs
• this is (probably) what I'm doing for Halloween this year • a Disneybound-esque version of Lady and the Tramp with • maestro • MAINLY because it is VERY DIFFICULT to get him to wear colors • and he'd only have to wear grey for this • (and maybe a red tie) • Halloween costume ideas • Disney • lady and the tramp
Flynn Rider has his priorities sorted.
Flynn Rider is the only sane person in Disney.
• Eugene is the fairy tale land equivalent of Robert • disney • disney princess